After your breakfast at the hotel, you will be greeted by the local driver and your Laotian guide who will take you to the Elephant Village Sanctuary. Situated in the village of Ban Xieng Lom, very close to the banks of the Nam Khan River and about 16km south - east of the city center, the Elephant Village Sanctuary (also known as the Elephant Park) rescue the elephants from abuse and then cure and protect them.
Upon arrival, you will enjoy a memorable experience with an elephant ride (about 25 minutes, one person per elephant maximum) through the Nam Khan River while contemplating a beautiful scenery. Continue your day in Ban En village. From there you start your boat trip to the Tad Sae Waterfalls, one of the magnificent natural in Luang Prabang (In dry season, water is not availalbe). As this pretty Tad Sae finds itself in an area full of natural resources, you will see infinitely soft and turquoise waters where you could relax and bathe in the heart of nature. End of the tour, return to Ban En by boat and then transfer to the town center.
This afternoon, get ready to enjoy food tour in this charming town. Here are the items you will get to try on this tour:
1. Lao coconut cakes: It’s called Khaonom Krok and it’s a beloved street food tour in Luang prabang. It’s served as a dessert for Lao meal. It’s made of sticky rice powder and coconut milk. They are light and yummy and taste very good.
2. Khao Soi: This is a kind of noodle soup made with flat rice noodles. Sometimes it’s made with round noodles. They are made of chopped pork, tomatoes, fermented soy beans, chilies, shallots and garlic.
3. Seasonal fruit: There are a number of different seasonal fruit in Laos such as papaya, pineapple, watermelon or jackfruit.
4. Sai Oua: Sai Oua or Lao sausage is made from chopped fatty pork with galangal, lime leaves, shallots, lemongrass, garlic, salt and fish sauce. It’s great to eat with sticky rice. It’s a traditional Lao food. In the past we don’t fridge, so this is how we kept meat to eat the whole year.
5. Fried egg with pork: A commonly eats in local home especially in the countryside where bamboo shoot is easy to find.
Note: This is not cooking course. You will only eat the chosen food but not cook them.
Overnight at your hotel
Meal: Breakfast, Dinner